BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

The British Government and Prime Ministers

Hello! Since I had nothing but free periods today i decided to learn how the british government works. As an American student, I've never been taught about how this process works so with the help of wikepedia I fixed this. I learned about MPs (Members of Parliment) and how the Prime Minister appointed. I also looked through a long list of british prime ministers and had an idea.

American students know a lot of presidents but how many british prime ministers do they know of? I myself knew about two; Gordon Brown and Winston Churchill. So how many did my peers know? I started asking this question.

I first asked my parents, not my peers but oh well. They knew of four; Margeret Thatcher, Tony Blair, Winston Churchill, and Gordon Brown. Then I asked my friend Shannon, who knew of Winston Churchill. After that I asked my lunch table; my friend Amy who knew of one person who almost became prime minister and then my friend Andrew knew of Winston Churchill. I then preceded to ask my entire art class, the question was asked like this.

Sarah: Can I ask a question of the entire class?

Teacher: Yes

Sarah: How many U.S presidents can you name off the spot?

There were a bunch of answers like they knew 20, 5, 18, ect. They also answered names like George Washington, Abraham Lincoln, Bill Clinton, George H.W Bush, George Bush, and Barack Obama.

Sarah: Now, How many british prime ministers can you name?

I heard a bunch of "None" and "Zero" and then quite loudly "WINSTON CHURCHILL!"

What can be concluded by this experiment? Well, you could conclude that Winston Churchill is the most known british prime minister among americans but i don't think I have enough people answering my question. So I shall continue asking people and update my findings later.

1 comments:

Mike Cohen said...

WHO CARES ABOUT THE BRITISH PRIME MINISTERS WGRAWRSAFADSRALDG;JA;LSDGUA;LSJKR;AOSDRUHLAWEHFVNAKSDGA;OSLRFJNSQLJF;ALDJF;ALKSDFJ


-.-"